The Camarines Norte State College originated from the former Camarines Norte High School established in 1920. On 23rd of June 1993 Parliamentary Bill No. 2378 was approved and signed into law converting Camarines Norte National High School (CNNHS). It was introduced in the House of Representatives by former Congressman Renato M. Unico. During the Fifth Regular Session and later signed into law by Her Excellency, President Corazon C. Aquino on 22nd of April 1992, known as RA 7352 converting the present Camarines Norte National High School in the Municipality of Daet into a State College to be known as Camarines Norte State College, integrating for the purpose the Abaño Pilot Elementary in Daet, Mercedes School of Fisheries in Mercedes, Camarines Norte National Agricultural School in Labo and the Camarines Norte School of Arts and Trade in Jose Panganiban, all in the Province of Camarines Norte.
With the full implementation of RA 7352, The College of Education was one of the first departments organized in the Main Campus to offer Teacher Education. At present, it has produced 18 batches of graduates for both Bachelor of Secondary Education and Bachelor of Elementary Education.
The College of Education at present is Accredited Level II by the AACCUP and is now applying for Level III Accreditation.
To produce quality, effective, productive and globally competitive education graduates imbued with positive values.